https://www.blogger.com/home Ghoulardi4u: Ghoulardi Sayings

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Ghoulardi Sayings

I noticed while looking up Ghoulardi on the web that a lot of people (well maybe not a lot but at least several) were looking for "Ghoulardi sayings".

WELL AS IT JUST SO HAPPENS...

I have a Ghoulardi T-Shirt that has several of his sayings on the back (which made writing this post a lot easier).

Without further adieu (I checked the spelling on that one) here they are:

"Parma?"
"Be Cool !"

"Hey Group !"

"Climb Walls !"

"Scratch Glass !"

"Doori ithy Baby !" (yeah that's how they spelled it on the shirt)

"Cool It Ova-Dae !"


"Camera 4 You're Ugly !"




"Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow !"

"Stay Sick !"

"Turn Blue !"

"...And Now The Movie, Folks !"

"I Hear A Knock On The Phone !"

"Cool It With The Boom-Booms !"

"Drink A Manners' Big Ghopulardi !"

I know there have to be more out there. Didn't he also say
"I'm Telling You, You Won't Believe !"

Or was that the Ghoul?

One things for sure, Erie Anderson sure had a way with words...!

If anyone out there has something to add to this by all means please do - and while you're at it, don't forget to watch out for those Purple Knifs!


11 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting up this site. Grew up watching Ghoulardi. Rarely missed his Friday night movies. His son Mike was in my 6th grade class, but I'll be darned if I can find anything at all in the web about him having a son named Mike/Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He used to say something where he pronounced "knife" as KaNiff I just can'r remember what it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always said turn blue purple Kaniff

      Delete
    2. Just a boomer who grew up in CLE...KNIF was backward of fink. The Dorothy Baby phrase was a 'tribute' to a famous news journalist in CLE at the time, one Dorothy Fuldheim. As kids we used to imitate her news broadcasts because she was demonstrative with her hands. An impressive woman I now know....Thank you for your time, now TURN BLUE.

      Delete
  3. Turn blue, fink!

    My favorite joke: "Q: How do you kill a purple knif? -- A: With a purple knife!" No, it wasn't really funny, but it sure got repeated a lot in middle school.

    ReplyDelete